Service Access and Management, Inc. (SAM, Inc.) its employees, and any individual representing the organization must, at all times, comply with all applicable laws and regulations. SAM, Inc. will not condone the activities of employees or representatives who achieve results or personal gains through violation of the law or unethical business dealings. This includes any payments for illegal acts, indirect contributions, rebates, and/or bribery. SAM, Inc. does not permit any activity that fails to stand the closest possible public scrutiny.
All SAM, Inc. staff, members of the Board, student interns, and volunteers serves in the capacity of representatives and ambassadors of the organization and as such will conduct all business well above the minimum standards required by law. Accordingly, these individuals must ensure that their actions cannot be interpreted as being, in any way, in contravention of the laws and regulations governing the SAM, Inc.'s operations.
These standards apply to all full-time and part-time employees (management, and staff), members of the Board of Directors, student interns, and volunteers of SAM, Inc., its divisions, its subdivisions, and contract employees hired through third-party agencies.
The purpose of SAM, Inc.'s Code of Ethical Conduct is to define expectations and to ensure that all individuals clearly understand their responsibilities, requirements, and compliant behavior written in policy.
- All staff, members of the Board of Directors, student interns, and volunteers involved in the provision of services to consumers will always behave in ways which respect the dignity, health, safety and individual needs of each individual.
- Staff, members of the Board of Directors, student interns, and volunteers who are members of a professional clinical discipline, such as nursing, psychiatry, social work, etc. are expected to abide fully by the applicable code of ethics of their respective discipline.
- Staff, members of the Board of Directors, student interns, and volunteers involved with individuals will ensure that all SAM, Inc. programs and services are fully available on an equal opportunity basis, and acknowledge a consumers right of choice.
- SAM, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, sex, disability, creed, ancestry, sexual preference, national origin, or any other factors as defined by law.
- All billing activities will always be based on a fully accurate and honest accounting of services rendered.
- In all relationships with other health care providers, educational institutions, payers and other stakeholders, SAM, Inc. personnel will abide by the highest standards of ethical conduct and will always act in the best interest of SAM, Inc. and our individuals.
- SAM, Inc. staff shall maintain confidentiality as specified by current laws.
For more information about SAM, Inc.'s Ethical Code of Conduct and Standards or
to report any concerns, please contact your family member's case manager or the
SAM Help/Complaint Line at toll free 1-877-780-0681.